Teacher - Social Sciences
Start date: November 2021
Contract type: Full-time
Contract term: Maternity cover until 30th September 2022 or the return of the postholder.
Come to work in a thriving community. The Gosforth Group is a multi-academy trust currently consisting of four schools (Gosforth Academy, Gosforth Junior High Academy, North Gosforth Academy and Jesmond Park Academy). In September 2021 two new schools opened – Gosforth Great Park Academy [y5 to 11] and Callerton Academy [y7 to 11].
Gosforth Academy is a successful school which was rated ‘outstanding’ in its most recent Ofsted inspection. We are seeking an inspiring and dynamic teacher of Health and Social Care and Child Development to join a growing department in an exciting phase of the Academy’s development. The successful candidate will have the skills necessary to teach Health and Social Care as well as Child Development up to KS5. This is an exciting opportunity to join a highly skilled and supportive department, well established in teaching academic and vocational courses at KS4 and KS5.
What we need:
- An outstanding practitioner
- A passion for and the ability to teach both Health and Social Care and Child Care to Key Stage 5
- The ability to secure excellent achievement across Key Stages 4 and 5.
- A commitment to fresh and exciting methods of delivering the curriculum
- A relentless drive to secure the best possible outcomes for students of all abilities
- Excellent communication and ICT skills
We can offer you:
- An opportunity to work with highly-skilled professionals
- Enthusiastic and motivated students
- Excellent career development opportunities
- An exciting and extensive commitment to professional development
- A large, vibrant Sixth Form
- A school with its community at heart
An exciting programme of staff ‘well-being’ activities, from Football to Surfing!
This is an exceptional opportunity to make a difference within a positive and exciting environment. If you share our community’s ethos of progression, diversity and dynamism then we would be delighted to hear from you.
Gosforth Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful applicant will be required to undergo enhanced DBS clearance.
Please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org Alternatively visit our website www.gosforthacademy.org.uk for further details.
Closing date is 09:00 on Tuesday 21st September 2021.