Support Assistant L2
Start date: September 2022
Contract type: Full time, term time only
Contract term: Permanent
Salary: N3, £16,053 - £16,374 (actual gross salary full time)
Come to work in a thriving community. The Gosforth Group Multi Academy Trust currently consists of six schools (Gosforth Academy, Gosforth Junior High Academy, North Gosforth Academy and Jesmond Park Academy). In 2021 two new schools opened – Gosforth Great Park Academy [y5 to 11] and Callerton Academy [y7 to 11].
Gosforth Academy is a successful school which was graded ‘outstanding’ in its most recent Ofsted inspection. We are seeking the following support staff role to join the Academy’s successful Student Support Base. You will work as part of a multi-professional team to provide general educational support for students. This will include support with learning and also with behaviour and attendance issues as appropriate.
What we need:
- Experience/Desire to work with students with SEND
- Can demonstrate a good understanding of Social, Emotional or Mental Health difficulties (SEMH) that young people face
- Effective communication and organisational skills
- A sympathetic understanding of broad needs of students ages 13-16
- Experience of working with young people
We can offer you:
- Enthusiastic and motivated students
- A school with its community at heart
- An exciting programme of staff ‘well-being’ activities, from Football to Surfing!
This is an exceptional opportunity to make a difference. If you share our community’s ethos of progression, diversity and dynamism then we would be delighted to hear from you.
We are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful applicant will be required to undergo enhanced DBS clearance.
Please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
or if you have any queries. Alternatively visit our Website www.gosforthacademy.org.uk
Closing date is 9.00am Monday 4th July 2022