If you're unhappy about an exam result, there are a number of services you can request. Please be advised there is a charge for most of these services.
Services you can request:
- Priority access to reviewed script: a copy of the marked script to help you decide if you want to request a Clerical Check or Review of Marking
- AS, A-Level and Level 3 Qualification deadline: 1:00pm on 1st September 2022
- GCSE deadline: 1:00pm on 8th September 2022
- Clerical Check: a check of all clerical procedures which lead to a result being issued. Checks include: all parts of script has been marked, totalling of marks and recording of marks. YOU COULD END UP WITH A LOWER OR HIGHER MARK. Deadline: 1:00pm on 29th September
- Clerical Check with access to script: as described above plus a copy of the marked paper. YOU COULD END UP WITH A LOWER OR HIGHER MARK. Deadline: 1:00pm on 29th September
- Review of Marking: a check that the examiner has marked the components correctly. Changes to marks will only be made where there is an administrative or marking error but not where the original mark is reasonable. Marking errors can occur as a result of: an admin error, a failure to apply the mark scheme where a task has a 'right' or 'wrong' answer, an unreasonable exercise of academic judgement. The checks will also include a Clerical Check. YOU COULD END UP WITH A LOWER OR HIGHER MARK. REVIEWERS WILL NOT REMARK THE SCRIPT. THEY ONLY ACT TO CORRECT ANY ERRORS IDENTIFIED IN THE ORIGINAL MARKING. Deadline: 1:00pm on 29th September 2022
- Review of Marking with access to script: As above plus a copy of the marked paper. Deadline: 1:00pm on 29th September 2022
- Priority Review of Marking: as the Review of Marking but it is only available if:
- The enquiry is about a relevant AS, A-Level or Level 3 Qualification units
- A candidate’s place in further/higher education depends upon the outcome
- Deadline: 1:00pm on 25th August 2022
- Priority Review of marking with access to script: as the Review of Marking plus a copy of the marked paper. Only available for AS, A-Level or Level 3 Qualification units. Deadline 1:00pm on 25th August 2022
- Scripts to support teaching and learning: available from 5th September. These scripts will not be available for enquiries about results. Deadline 1:00pm on 29th September 2022
How to request these services:
- There is a charge for most of these services. A list of all fees is attached.
- No request will be processed until we have received payment.
- Y12 and Y13 students are advised to discuss the matter in the first instance with their subject teacher, Head of Department and/or a member of the Sixth Form team. This is best done via direct email. If you do not get a response within a couple of days, the Exams team will be in school and can advise you further.
- Please note that any queries should come from the student and must be requested either in person (Exams Office – Room 20) or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org">email@example.com sent via their school email address. We cannot accept requests from parents or from non-school email addresses (apart from external candidates)
- Applications should be submitted at the earliest opportunity. Applications received after the closing date will be refused. In exceptional cases, where results have been issued after the normal publication date, the closing date for applications will be extended by the same period as the delay
Enquiries about Results fees will only be refunded by exam boards if subject grades or qualification grades change. If a component marks change (i.e. an exam paper) but there is no grade change in the qualification, you will not be refunded.
If you have any questions or require any further information please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org">email@example.com or visit the Exams Office in Room 20.