Support for University Admissions
We aim to widen participation in Higher Education, raising students’ aspirations and promoting all the opportunities available to you. We also continue specialist provision for the most able students into Post-16 education.
Examples of the opportunities we organise include:
• Expert one-to-one guidance on issues regarding progression to Higher Education and alternative career paths.
• Summer school places at universities throughout the country, though mainly here in the region.
• Master-classes in many subjects, taught by experts at local universities.
• Support for potential applicants to Oxbridge and to competitive courses such as Medicine, Engineering and Law, including interview practice.
• A Higher Education evening, and trips to conventions and open days.
• Visiting speakers for assemblies.
• Student shadowing placements at local universities.
16 - 19 Bursary Scheme
The Newcastle City Council 16-19 Bursary Scheme offers qualifying students financial support to help with costs associated with Sixth Form study. We work to facilitate these payments. For more information and eligibility criteria on the 16-19 Bursary Scheme, please see the Newcastle City Council website.