Start date: September 2021
Contract type: Full time
Contract term: Permanent
As some of the first schools in the North East selected to participate in the exciting Swire Chinese Language Programme, Gosforth Group is seeking to appoint a highly motivated and exceptional teacher of Mandarin. This is an exciting project which aims to generate an interest in Chinese culture and provide opportunity for students to acquire vital skills in what is recognised as one of the most important languages for the UK’s future. Alongside traditional classroom teaching, the project offers extensive opportunities for exchanges and visits to China, and the chance to work in a range of diverse schools from Year 5 to Year 13.
The Gosforth Group is a multi-academy trust consisting of six schools (Gosforth Academy, Gosforth Junior High Academy, North Gosforth Academy and Jesmond Park Academy, Great Park Academy and Callerton Academy) committed to providing a superb education for pupils from Year 5 through to Year 13. Two of our schools are rated ‘outstanding’ by Ofsted. The school population is richly diverse and over 30 different languages are currently spoken here. You will join a professional modern languages team noted for the sharing of effective pedagogy, and you will become a part of the family of SWIRE Chinese Language Centres around the country that regularly meet to improve and expand Chinese teaching in the UK. We work closely with our feeder schools in the three tier system at Gosforth and with North Gosforth Academy, Jesmond Park Academy and partners and their feeder schools. The successful candidate will be expected to teach curriculum lessons within any of our schools.
This is an amazing opportunity for educators with a genuine passion for Chinese culture to enjoy teaching a range of age-groups within both formal and less conventional environments. Gosforth Group has a thrilling future with the establishment of new schools within our multi-academy trust. We are seeking to establish a hub of excellence in Chinese teaching; ultimately leading to a significant number of candidates at GCSE and Post 16.
If you can deliver a high quality, lively curriculum to challenge and inspire all of our students we would like to hear from you. If you would like to discuss the role please contact Fin Davidson, Leader of Teaching and Learning for Chinese, at email@example.com
What we need:
- A passion for languages
- The ability to teach Mandarin across key stages 3, 4 and 5
- Ideally someone with the ability to teach a second Modern Foreign Language (German, Italian, Spanish or French)
- Ideally someone really flexible and keen to teach a variety of subjects and contribute to all aspects of school life as our new schools grow.
- Excellent organisational skills
- Consistently high expectations of students and yourself
- Excellent communication and ICT skills
- An ability to work effectively within a supportive team environment
- A keen interest in development and sharing of effective teaching and learning strategies in MFL
- A commitment to fresh and exciting methods of delivering the curriculum
We can offer you:
- An opportunity to work with highly-skilled professionals
- Enthusiastic and motivated students
- An exciting and extensive commitment to professional development
- A large, vibrant Sixth form
- A school with its community at heart
- An exciting programme of staff ‘well-being’ activities, from Football to Surfing!
If you share our community’s ethos of progression, diversity and dynamism then we would be delighted to hear from you.
Gosforth Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful applicant will be required to undergo enhanced DBS clearance.
Please email your application form to firstname.lastname@example.org">email@example.com.
Closing date is 9:00 am Friday 26th March 2021..