Start date: September 2022
Contract type: Full-time
Contract term: Permanent
Salary: MPR (£25,714 - £36,961 per annum, gross)
*Due to a genuine occupational requirement this role is open to female candidates only*
Gosforth Group is a fast growing multi-academy trust currently comprising of 6 academies, two of which opened in September 2021, committed to providing a superb education for students from Year 5 through to Year 13.
Gosforth Academy is a successful school which was rated ‘outstanding’ in its most recent Ofsted inspection. We are seeking an enthusiastic and versatile teacher of PE to join our successful PE teaching and learning team. You will be required to teach PE across key stages 3, 4 and 5.
Physical Education is a popular subject in the academy which enjoys a reputation for excellence in a range of sporting activities including significant success at regional and national levels. You will teach a wide range of activities within the PE curriculum. This post offers a superb opportunity for a teacher with excellent skills to develop further within an experienced and dynamic department.
What we need:
- An outstanding practitioner with a passion for PE
- An ability to contribute to the teaching of Netball and Dance
- The ability to teach GCSE, BTEC and A Level PE
- An unstinting commitment to extra-curricular activities
- A proven track record of excellent achievement across all key stages
- A commitment to fresh and exciting methods of delivering the curriculum.
- A relentless drive to secure the best possible outcomes for students of all abilities
- Excellent communication and ICT skills
We can offer you:
- State of the art sports facilities
- An opportunity to work with highly-skilled professionals
- Enthusiastic and motivated students
- Excellent career development opportunities
- An exciting and extensive commitment to professional development
- A large, vibrant Sixth form
- A school with its community at heart
- An exciting programme of staff ‘well-being’ activities, from Football to Surfing!
This is an exceptional opportunity to make a difference within a positive and exciting environment. If you share our community’s ethos of progression, diversity and dynamism then we would be delighted to hear from you.
Gosforth Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful applicant will be required to undergo enhanced DBS clearance.
If you hold the skills and experience we’re looking for, we’d love to hear from you!
Please email your application to HR@ga.newcastle.sch.uk or if you have any queries.
Closing date is 09.00 am on Wednesday 9 March 2022