Start date: As Soon As Possible
Contract type: Permanent,
Full time 37 hours per week, Term Time only
Salary: N6 (£ 22,092 - £24,371 actual gross annual salary)
Come to work in a thriving community. The Gosforth Group is a multi-academy trust currently consisting of four schools (Gosforth Academy, Gosforth Junior High Academy, North Gosforth Academy and Jesmond Park Academy). In September 2021 two new schools opened – Gosforth Great Park Academy [y5 to 11] and Callerton Academy [y7 to 11].
Gosforth Academy is a successful school which was graded ‘outstanding’ in its most recent Ofsted inspection. We are seeking the following support staff role to join the Academy’s successful Student Support Base. You will work as part of a multi-professional team to provide general educational support for students. This will include support with learning and also with behaviour and attendance issues as appropriate.
We are seeking an HLTA to join us at Gosforth Academy. Alongside working within a multi-professional team to manage support on the school timetable, to assist teachers in facilitating teaching and learning activities, you will be a ‘hands on’ colleague who is willing to support other departments of the academy in its infancy. You should have experience of working in a learning environment and an appropriate level of Teaching Assistant qualification or experience for this role.
What we need:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent numeracy/literacy skills
- Someone with experience of working and providing support in a learning environment
- Attention to detail
- An effective team player
- A colleague who is excited about the prospect of being part of a new support team, setting up systems and problem solving to ensure the best possible environment and outcomes for all students.
We can offer you:
- An opportunity to work with highly-skilled professionals
- Enthusiastic and motivated students
- An enhanced annual leave allowance
- An exciting and extensive commitment to professional development
- A school with its community at heart
- An exciting programme of staff ‘well-being’ activities, from Football to Surfing!
This is an exceptional opportunity to make a difference within a positive and exciting environment. If you share our community’s ethos of progression, diversity and dynamism then we would be delighted to hear from you.
The Gosforth Group are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful applicant will be required to undergo enhanced DBS clearance.
Please email your application to email@example.com
Alternatively visit our website https://www.gosforthacademy.org.uk/vacancies for further details.
Closing date is 9.00am Wednesday 8th December 2021.