Teacher of Geography
Start date: September 2021
Contract type: Full time Fixed Term (1 year)
Come to work in a thriving community. The Gosforth Group is a multi-academy trust currently consisting of four schools (Gosforth Academy, Gosforth Junior High Academy, North Gosforth Academy and Jesmond Park Academy). In 2021 two new schools will open – Gosforth Great Park Academy [y5 to 11] and Callerton Academy [y7 to 11].
Gosforth Academy is a successful school, which was rated ‘outstanding’ in its most recent Ofsted inspection. We are seeking a knowledgeable and enthusiastic teacher of Geography to join this popular and successful department. The post offers a fantastic opportunity for an energetic teacher with excellent skills and subject knowledge to work and develop within a positive and supportive environment.
What we need:
- A passion for Geography
- An interest in teaching all facets of the Geography curriculum
- The ability to teach Geography to A level
- The ability to work effectively within a supportive team environment
- Consistently high expectations of students and of yourself
- Excellent communication and ICT skills
- A commitment to fresh and exciting methods of delivering the curriculum
- Ideally an interest in, and the ability to contribute to the teaching of a second humanities subject
We can offer you:
- An opportunity to work with highly-skilled professionals
- Enthusiastic and motivated students
- An exciting and extensive commitment to professional development
- A large, vibrant Sixth form
- A school with its community at heart
- An exciting programme of staff ‘well-being’ activities, from Football to Surfing!
This is an exceptional opportunity to make a difference within a positive and exciting environment. If you share our community’s ethos of progression, diversity and dynamism then we would be delighted to hear from you.
Gosforth Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful applicant will be required to undergo enhanced DBS clearance.
Please email your application form to firstname.lastname@example.org (or if you have any queries). Alternatively visit our website www.gosforthacademy.org.uk.
Closing date is 09:00 on Monday 21 June 2021