Leader of Teaching and Learning in Learning Support (SENCO)
Start date: April 2022
Contract term: Permanent
Contract type: Full time
Salary: MPR/UPR with TLR 1 £10,202
Come to work in a thriving community. The Gosforth Group is a multi-academy trust currently consisting of six schools.
Gosforth Academy is a successful school, which was rated ‘outstanding’ in its most recent Ofsted inspection.
We are seeking an experienced, energetic and highly organised teacher to lead Teaching and Learning within our Learning Support Department. The successful candidate will be accountable for learner achievement in the Learning Support Area by effectively leading teaching and learning and student development for those who have significant Special Educational Needs.
The school population is richly diverse and comprehensive; we require a skilled and committed teacher to deliver and co-ordinate provision for students from year 9 to year 13 with special educational needs in the school within our dedicated and well-resourced student support base. The role includes responsibility for the Assistant Learning Managers, supporting HLTAs and the Learning Support Team; it involves working with individual students and small groups as well as standard classes and requires the development of literacy and numeracy; it will also involve intervention and providing appropriate support arrangements for students.
- An ability to lead SEN provision across the school
- National Award for SEN Coordination or willingness to undertake the award in post
- A person with a good understanding of current SEN legislation and best practice
- Excellent organisational and teaching skills
- Ability to lead a team and influence others
- Consistently high expectations of students and yourself
- An excellent communicator
- A desire to make a difference to the lives of young people and the vision to develop the role
- Well-developed ICT skills and an interest in working with specialist software
We can offer you:
- An opportunity to work in an ‘outstanding’ school
- The prospect of working with highly-skilled professionals and close liaison with colleagues
- Excellent facilities
- Enthusiastic and motivated students
- An exciting and extensive commitment to Professional Development
- A school with its community at heart
- An exciting programme of staff ‘well-being’ activities, from Football to Surfing!
This is an exceptional opportunity to make a difference within a positive and exciting environment. If you share our community’s ethos of progression, diversity and dynamism then we would be delighted to hear from you.
Gosforth Federated Academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful applicant will be required to undergo enhanced DBS clearance.
If you hold the skills and experience we’re looking for, we’d love to hear from you!
If you have any queries please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively visit our website www.gosforthacademy.org.uk
Completed application forms to be returned to email@example.com
Closing date is 9 am on Tuesday 15 February 2022