Director of Main School
Start date: September 2022
Contract type: Full time
Contract term: Permanent
Salary: Leadership Scale L16-20 (£61,166- £67,364)
Due to rapid expansion the post title and salary range will be subject to a wider review of Senior Leadership teams across the Trust. This is likely to lead to higher salary range.
Come to work in a thriving community. The Gosforth Group is a multi-academy trust currently consisting of six schools. Gosforth Academy is a highly successful school, which was rated ‘outstanding’ in its most recent Ofsted inspection and is very much at the heart of the Multi-Academy Trust.
This is a rare and wonderful opportunity for a dynamic, energetic and experienced leader to shape the future of a school with one of the best reputations in the North East both in terms of student behaviour and exam results. You will be working alongside an experienced team of senior leaders as well as some immensely talented teachers and support staff. This is a unique opportunity which will suit someone who already has senior leadership experience in behaviour and pastoral care in a smaller school, or has held considerable pastoral responsibility and is looking for their first senior leadership position.
What we need:
- An exceptional and dynamic senior leader to take this outstanding school to even greater heights.
- A leader who has a passion for quality pastoral care including high expectations of behaviour and safeguarding.
- An interest in school improvement
- The ability to lead a large pastoral team including Heads of Year and non-teaching pastoral members of staff.
- The ability to work effectively within a supportive team environment
- Consistently high expectations of students and of yourself
- Excellent communication and ICT skills
- A commitment to fresh and exciting methods of delivering the curriculum
We can offer you:
- An opportunity to work as a senior leader in a school, which is highly regarded in the community.
- Enthusiastic, well behaved and highly motivated students
- An exciting and extensive commitment to professional development
- A school, which has one of the largest and most vibrant Sixth Forms in the North of England.
- A school with its community at heart by only feeding from three middle schools in Gosforth
- A school where staff welfare is genuinely given high priority.
- An exciting programme of staff ‘well-being’ activities, from surfing to free Gym membership.
This is an exceptional opportunity to make a difference within a positive and exciting environment. If you share our community’s ethos of progression, diversity and dynamism then we would be delighted to hear from you.
Gosforth Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful applicant will be required to undergo enhanced DBS clearance.
Please email your application form to firstname.lastname@example.org (or if you have any queries). Alternatively visit our website www.gosforthacademy.org.uk.
Gosforth Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful applicant will be required to undergo enhanced DBS clearance.
If you would like to arrange a visit or speak to Preit Chahal, Principal, before application, contact Mrs Joy Davison, PA to the Principal on email@example.com
Closing date for applications:
9am on Monday 28th February