Start date: As Soon As Possible
Contract type: 18.5 hours per week, term time only
Contact term: Permanent
Salary: N7 £13,670 - £15,117 actual pro rata salary
Come to work in a thriving community. The Gosforth Group is a multi-academy trust consisting of six schools (Gosforth Academy, Gosforth Junior High Academy, North Gosforth Academy, Jesmond Park Academy, Callerton Academy and Great Park Academy) committed to providing a superb education for students from Year 5 through to Year 13.
Gosforth Academy is a successful school with a superb record of academic excellence, achievement and pastoral care. This post is central to supporting young people with mental health and well-being issues in a school setting with pupils ranging from age 13-18. The role offers a superb opportunity for an innovative, committed counsellor with excellent skills to develop further within a positive and supportive environment. You should have the skills necessary to work both independently and part of the wider pastoral team. Current counselling provision offers person centred talking therapy with relational and integrative approaches and the successful candidate is expected to complement this existing provision.
What we need:
- A relevant professional counselling qualification, ideally with experience of working with young people
- An outstanding practitioner
- Excellent organisational skills
- An ability to work effectively within a supportive team environment
- Consistently high expectations of students and yourself
- A commitment to fresh and exciting methods of delivering counselling
- Excellent communication and ICT skills
We can offer you:
- An opportunity to work with highly-skilled professionals
- A school with its community at heart
- Free use of an on-site gym and excellent sports facilities
- An exciting programme of staff ‘well-being’ activities, from Football to Surfing!
This is an exceptional opportunity to make a difference. If you share our community’s ethos of progression, diversity and dynamism then we would be delighted to hear from you.
We are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful applicant will be required to undergo enhanced DBS clearance.
For further details and an application form contact Denise Thomas at the above address or email email@example.com Alternatively visit our Website www.gosforthacademy.org.uk Completed application forms to be returned to Mr Preit Chahal, Principal.
Closing date: 9.00 am Monday 6th February 2023