Post-16 Tutor (non-teaching)
Start date: 1st May 2023 or as soon as possible after this.
Contract type: Permanent
Full time: term time only (37 hours per week)
Salary: N6 actual pro rata £24,224 - £26,553
Come to work in a thriving community. The Gosforth Group is a multi-academy trust, currently consisting of six schools.
Gosforth Academy is a successful school, which was rated ‘good’ in its most recent Ofsted inspection. It has a large and diverse Sixth Form of almost 700 students.
This is an exciting post, which involves having tutorial/mentoring responsibilities for Post 16 Students. You will monitor attendance and progress, deliver tutorials and pastoral care, support students with their UCAS or other destination applications and help them to succeed. You will also support the work of the Post 16 Management Team.
The successful candidate will clearly demonstrate an interest in young people and feel empathy with their needs and concerns.
We can offer you:
- An opportunity to work with highly-skilled professionals, including a large non-teaching Sixth Form tutor team of six other colleagues
- Enthusiastic and motivated students
- An enhanced annual leave allowance, giving you greater flexibility and frequency in holiday time
- An exciting and extensive commitment to professional development
- A large, vibrant Sixth Form
- A school with its community at heart
- An exciting programme of staff ‘well-being’ activities, including free access to an onsite gym.
This is an exceptional opportunity to make a difference within a positive and exciting environment. If you share our community’s ethos of progression, diversity and dynamism then we would be delighted to hear from you.
Gosforth Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful applicant will be required to undergo enhanced DBS clearance.
If you have any queries please email email@example.com Alternatively visit our website www.gosforthacademy.org.uk.
Completed application forms to be returned to the firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date is 9.00am Thursday 23rd March 2023
Interview date is Thursday 30th March 2023