Teacher of Science with Physics Specialism
Start date: September 2023
Contract type: Full-time
Contract term: Permanent
Salary MPR / UPS
Gosforth Academy is a successful school with a superb record of academic excellence and achievement. We are seeking an enthusiastic and skilled teacher of Science. The successful candidate will have the skills necessary to teach science successfully across key stages 3 and 4 with potential to develop A-level Physics teaching. This post offers a superb opportunity for a teacher who is passionate about Science and who has the excellent skills to develop further within a positive and supportive environment. We recognise that our most important investment is our workforce so you will be part of a supportive team and benefit from continuing CPD.
The Gosforth Group is a multi-academy trust consisting of six schools (Gosforth Academy, Gosforth Junior High Academy, North Gosforth Academy, Jesmond Park Academy, Callerton Academy and Great Park Academy) committed to providing a superb education for students from Year 5 through to Year 13.
What we need:
- An outstanding practitioner
- A passion for Science
- The ability to teach Physics to GCSE with potential to develop A level Physics
- Excellent organisational skills
- An ability to work effectively within a supportive team environment
- Consistently high expectations of students and yourself
- A commitment to fresh and exciting methods of delivering the curriculum
- Excellent communication and ICT skills
We can offer you:
- An opportunity to work with highly-skilled professionals
- Enthusiastic and motivated students
- Excellent career development opportunities
- An exciting and extensive commitment to professional development
- A large, vibrant Sixth form
- A school with its community at heart
- Fee use of an on-site gym and excellent sports facilities
- An exciting programme of staff ‘well-being’ activities, from Football to Surfing!
This is an exceptional opportunity to make a difference within a positive and exciting environment. If you share our community’s ethos of progression, diversity and dynamism then we would be delighted to hear from you.
Gosforth Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful applicant will be required to undergo enhanced DBS clearance.
Please email your application form to email@example.com">firstname.lastname@example.org (or if you have any queries). Alternatively visit our website www.gosforthacademy.org.uk. Completed application forms to be returned to Mr Preit Chahal, Principal to the address above.
Following the shortlisting process, where applicable, candidates who attend interview will be reimbursed reasonable expenses for travel and accommodation.
Closing date is 09:00 on Monday 22th May with interviews planned for Tuesday 23rd May.