Teacher of Design Technology (Maternity Cover)
Start date: September 2021
Contract type: 31st May 2022 or the return of the postholder
Contract term: Full time
Come to work in a thriving community. Gosforth Federated Academies is a multi-academy trust consisting of six schools (Gosforth Academy, Gosforth Junior High Academy, North Gosforth Academy, Jesmond Park Academy, Callerton Academy and Great Park Academy) committed to providing a superb education for pupils from Year 5 through to Year 13.
Gosforth Academy is a successful school which was rated ‘outstanding’ in its most recent Ofsted inspection. We are seeking a well-qualified and enthusiastic teacher of Design and Technology to work across the age and ability range in this successful and dynamic 13-19 Academy, for the duration of the post holder’s maternity leave.
The successful candidate will be involved in the delivery of Key Stage 3 Design and Technology and Food Technology, GCSE Design Technology and A-level Design Technology (Product Design). This is an exciting opportunity to join a department well established at teaching academic and vocational courses across all 3 key stages. If you share our community’s ethos of progression, diversity and dynamism then we would be delighted to hear from you.
What we need:
- A passion for Design Technology.
- An interest in teaching A Level Product Design
- An interest in teaching all facets of the Design Technology curriculum.
- An ability to work effectively within a supportive team environment
- Consistently high expectations of students and of yourself
- Excellent communication and ICT skills
- A commitment to fresh and exciting methods of delivering the curriculum
We can offer you:
- An opportunity to work with highly-skilled professionals
- Enthusiastic and motivated students
- An exciting and extensive commitment to professional development
- A large, vibrant Sixth form
- A school with its community at heart
- An exciting programme of staff ‘well-being’ activities, from Football to Surfing!
Gosforth Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful applicant will be required to undergo enhanced DBS clearance.
If you hold the skills and experience we’re looking for, we’d love to hear from you!
Please visit our website www.gosforthacademy.org.uk. Completed application forms to be returned to Mr Preit Chahal, Principal to email@example.com
Closing date for receipt of applications is 9am Monday 28 June 2021