Teacher of Art
Start date: February 2022
Contract type: Part time (0.4 FTE, Mondays and Tuesdays)
Contract term: Maternity cover until February 2024 or return of post-holder
Come to work in a thriving community. The Gosforth Group is a multi-academy trust currently consisting of six schools (Gosforth Academy, Gosforth Junior High Academy, North Gosforth Academy, Jesmond Park Academy, Great Park Academy and Callerton Academy).
Gosforth Academy is a successful school which was graded ‘good’ in its most recent Ofsted inspection. We are seeking a creative, dynamic and well-organised Teacher of Art to join a thriving department.
The successful candidate will have the skills necessary to teach Art across key stages 3-5. This is an excellent opportunity to make a difference within a positive and stimulating environment.
What we need:
- A passion for Art and Art Education
- The ability to teach Art to all levels
- Excellent organisational skills
- An ability to work effectively within a supportive team environment
- Consistently high expectations of students and yourself
- Excellent communication and ICT skills
- A commitment to fresh and exciting methods of delivering the curriculum
- An ability to foster the creativity of individual students
We can offer you:
- An opportunity to work with highly-skilled professionals
- Enthusiastic and motivated students
- An exciting and extensive commitment to professional development
- A large, vibrant Sixth form
- Free use of gym and excellent sports facilities
- A school with its community at heart
This is an exceptional opportunity to make a difference. If you share our community’s ethos of progression, diversity and dynamism then we would be delighted to hear from you.
We are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful applicant will be required to undergo enhanced DBS clearance.
If you have any queries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org">email@example.com. Alternatively visit our Website www.gosforthacademy.org.uk
Completed application forms to be returned to Mr Preit Chahal, Principal.
Closing date for receipt of applications is 9.00 am Monday 7 November 2022.