Teacher of Spanish
Start date: September 2022
Contract type: Full-time
Contract term: Permanent
Come to work in a thriving community. Gosforth Federated Academies comprises four schools (Gosforth Academy, North Gosforth Academy, Jesmond Park Academy and Gosforth Junior High Academy) committed to providing a superb education for pupils from Year 5 through to Year 13.
Gosforth Academy is a successful school which was rated ‘outstanding’ in its most recent Ofsted inspection. We are seeking an enthusiastic, innovative and skilled teacher of Maths to join a very successful department in an exciting phase of the Academy’s development. The successful candidate will be required to teach Maths across all key stages.
The successful candidate will be able to teach successfully up to Spanish GCSE and A level standard. This is an excellent opportunity to make a difference within a positive and exciting environment. If you can deliver a high quality, lively curriculum to challenge and inspire all of our students we would like to hear from you.
What we need:
- A passion for languages
- The ability to teach Spanish up to Key stage 5
- Excellent organisational skills
- An ability to work effectively within a supportive team environment
- Consistently high expectations of students and yourself
- Excellent communication and ICT skills
- A keen interest in development and sharing of effective teaching and learning strategies in MFL
- A commitment to fresh and exciting methods of delivering the curriculum
We can offer you:
- An opportunity to work with highly-skilled professionals
- Enthusiastic and motivated students
- An exciting and extensive commitment to professional development
- A large, vibrant Sixth form
- A school with its community at heart
- Free access to an on-site gym and excellent sports facilities
- An exciting programme of staff ‘well-being’ activities, from Football to Surfing!
This is an exceptional opportunity to make a difference. If you share our community’s ethos of progression, diversity and dynamism then we would be delighted to hear from you. We would welcome applications from NQTs wishing to develop their career with the support of our well established development programme.
We are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful applicant will be required to undergo enhanced DBS clearance.
Please email your application to email@example.com or if you have any queries. Alternatively visit our Website www.gosforthacademy.org.uk
Closing date is 9:00am on Monday 28 March 2022