Teacher of Science
Start date: September 2022
Contract type: Full-time
Contract term: Permanent
Come to work in a thriving community. The Gosforth Group is a multi-academy trust consisting of six schools (Gosforth Academy, Gosforth Junior High Academy, North Gosforth Academy, Jesmond Park Academy, Callerton Academy and Great Park Academy) committed to providing a superb education for students from Year 5 through to Year 13.
Gosforth Academy is a successful school which was rated ‘outstanding’ in its most recent Ofsted inspection. We are seeking a dynamic and industrious teacher of Science to join a successful department in an exciting phase of the Academy’s development.
The successful candidate will have the skills necessary to teach science across key stages 3 and 4 with potential to develop A-level teaching. The ability to teach at any level in a subject area outside science will be an advantage. This is a superb opening for a teacher looking to develop in a highly skilled supportive environment.
What we need:
- An outstanding practitioner
- A passion for Science
- The ability to teach Science to GCSE with potential to develop in an A level Science
- Excellent organisational skills
- An ability to work effectively within a supportive team environment
- Consistently high expectations of students and yourself
- A commitment to fresh and exciting methods of delivering the curriculum.
- Excellent communication and ICT skills
We can offer you:
- An opportunity to work with highly-skilled professionals
- Enthusiastic and motivated students
- Excellent career development opportunities
- An exciting and extensive commitment to professional development
- A large, vibrant Sixth form
- A school with its community at heart
- Fee use of an on-site gym and excellent sports facilities
- An exciting programme of staff ‘well-being’ activities, from Football to Surfing!
This is an exceptional opportunity to make a difference. If you share our community’s ethos of progression, diversity and dynamism then we would be delighted to hear from you.
We are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful applicant will be required to undergo enhanced DBS clearance.
For further details address visit our Website www.gosforthacademy.org.uk Completed application forms to be returned to Mr Preit Chahal, Principal.at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for receipt of applications is 9.00 am Tuesday 29th March 2022.