Teacher of Science with Physics Specialism
Start date: September 2023
Contract type: Full time
Contact term: Permanent
Come to work in a thriving community. The Gosforth Group is a multi-academy trust consisting of six schools (Gosforth Academy, Gosforth Junior High Academy, North Gosforth Academy, Jesmond Park Academy, Callerton Academy and Great Park Academy) committed to providing a superb education for students from Year 5 through to Year 13.
Gosforth Academy is a successful school with a superb record of academic excellence and achievement. We are seeking an enthusiastic and skilled teacher of Science. The successful candidate will have the skills necessary to teach science across key stages 3 and 4 with potential to develop A-level Physics teaching. This post offers a superb opportunity for an energetic teacher with excellent skills to develop further within a positive and supportive environment.
What we need:
- An outstanding practitioner
- A passion for Science
- The ability to teach Physics to GCSE with potential to develop A level Physics
- Excellent organisational skills
- An ability to work effectively within a supportive team environment
- Consistently high expectations of students and yourself
- A commitment to fresh and exciting methods of delivering the curriculum
- Excellent communication and ICT skills
We can offer you:
- An opportunity to work with highly-skilled professionals
- Enthusiastic and motivated students
- Excellent career development opportunities
- An exciting and extensive commitment to professional development
- A large, vibrant Sixth form
- A school with its community at heart
- Fee use of an on-site gym and excellent sports facilities
- An exciting programme of staff ‘well-being’ activities, from Football to Surfing!
This is an exceptional opportunity to make a difference. If you share our community’s ethos of progression, diversity and dynamism then we would be delighted to hear from you.
We are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful applicant will be required to undergo enhanced DBS clearance.
For further details and an application form contact Denise Thomas at the above address or email email@example.com">firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively visit our Website www.gosforthacademy.org.uk Completed application forms to be returned to Mr Preit Chahal, Principal.
Closing date: 9.00 am Monday 30th January 2023