Leader of Teaching and Learning in French and German
Start date: September 2023
Contract type: Full-time
Contract term: Permanent
Salary MPR/UPR + TLR 1 £10,712
Come to work in a thriving community. The Gosforth Group is a multi-academy trust consisting of six schools (Gosforth Academy, Gosforth Junior High Academy, North Gosforth Academy, Jesmond Park Academy, Callerton Academy and Great Park Academy) committed to providing a superb education for students from Year 5 through to Year 13.
We are looking for an outstanding and dynamic leader of French and German. With successful exam results, a broad offer of languages and the sharing of effective pedagogy, you will be working alongside and leading committed and supportive colleagues in our MFL department.
The successful candidate will ideally be able to teach French to A level as well as lead German. Gosforth Academy is a highly successful school and this is an excellent opportunity to make a difference within a positive and exciting environment.
What we need:
- An outstanding practitioner with a passion for languages
- A proven track record of excellent achievement across all key stages
- The ability to teach French successfully up to Key stage 5
- Ideally, the ability to teach German up to KS4 or higher
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent communication and ICT skills
- A keen interest in development and sharing of effective teaching and learning strategies in MFL
- A commitment to fresh and exciting methods of delivering the curriculum
- A relentless drive to secure the best possible outcomes for students of all abilities
We can offer you:
- An opportunity to work with highly-skilled professionals
- Enthusiastic and motivated students
- Excellent career development opportunities
- An exciting and extensive commitment to professional development
- A large, vibrant Sixth form
- A school with its community at heart
- Free on-site gym and excellent sports facilities
- An exciting programme of staff ‘well-being’ activities, from Football to Surfing!
If you share our community’s ethos of progression, diversity and dynamism then we would be delighted to hear from you.
Gosforth Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful applicant will be required to undergo enhanced DBS clearance.
If you have any queries please email email@example.com. Alternatively visit our website www.gosforthacademy.org.uk. Completed application forms to be returned to Mr Preit Chahal, Principal to the address above.
Closing date is 9 am on Thursday 2nd February 2023