Start date: February 2021 (or as early as possible thereafter)
Contract type: Full-time
Contract term: Permanent
Salary: MPR (£25,714 - £36,961 gross, per annum)
Come to work in a thriving community. The Gosforth Group is a multi-academy trust currently consisting of four schools (Gosforth Academy, Gosforth Junior High Academy, North Gosforth Academy and Jesmond Park Academy). In 2021 two new schools will open – Gosforth Great Park Academy [y5 to 11] and Callerton Academy [y7 to 11].
Gosforth Academy is a successful school which was rated ‘outstanding’ in its most recent Ofsted inspection. We are seeking an inspirational and dynamic Teacher of ICT & Computer Science to join a successful department in an exciting phase of the Academy’s development.
ICT and Computer Science are popular subjects in the school, with a range of courses offered at KS4 and KS5. For a teacher with excellent skills, this post offers exciting professional and career development opportunities. You will contribute to teaching a range of courses and be supported by a skilled and experienced department.
What we need:
- A passion for ICT and Computer Science
- The ability to teach A level Computer Science
- The ability to secure excellent achievement across all key stages
- Consistently high expectations of pupils and yourself
- A commitment to fresh and exciting methods of delivering the curriculum
- A relentless drive to secure the best possible outcomes for students of all abilities
- Excellent communication and ICT skills
We can offer you:
- An opportunity to work with highly-skilled professionals
- Enthusiastic and motivated students
- Excellent career development opportunities
- An exciting and extensive commitment to professional development
- A large, vibrant Sixth Form
- A school with its community at heart
- Low cost membership of an on-site gym and excellent sports facilities
- An exciting programme of staff ‘well-being’ activities, from Football to Surfing!
This is an exceptional opportunity to make a difference within a positive and exciting environment. If you share our community’s ethos of progression, diversity and dynamism then we would be delighted to hear from you.
Gosforth Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful applicant will be required to undergo enhanced DBS clearance.
Please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org">email@example.com. Alternatively visit our website www.gosforthacademy.org.uk for further details.
Closing date is 09:00 on Thursday 10 December 2020