Start date: September 2021.
Contract type: Full-time
Fixed term until 31st August 2022 (with a possibility of a permanent contract thereafter)
Salary: MPR (£25,714 - £36,961 gross)
Come to work in a thriving community. The Gosforth Group is a multi-academy trust currently consisting of four schools (Gosforth Academy, Gosforth Junior High Academy, North Gosforth Academy and Jesmond Park Academy). In 2021 two new schools will open – Gosforth Great Park Academy [y5 to 11] and Callerton Academy [y7 to 11].
Gosforth Academy is a successful school which was rated ‘outstanding’ in its most recent Ofsted inspection. We are seeking an inspirational and dynamic teacher of Psychology and Health and Social Care to join a successful department in an exciting phase of the Academy’s development. The successful candidate will have the skills necessary to teach A level Psychology as well as KS4 and KS5 Health and Social Care. The ability to deliver Child Development is also desirable. This is an exciting opportunity to join a highly skilled and supportive department, well established in teaching academic and vocational courses at KS4 and KS5.
What we need:
- An outstanding practitioner
- A passion for Psychology and Health and Social Care
- The ability to teach both Psychology and Health and Social Care to Key Stage 5
- The ability to secure excellent achievement across Key Stages 4 and 5.
- A commitment to fresh and exciting methods of delivering the curriculum
- A relentless drive to secure the best possible outcomes for students of all abilities
- Excellent communication and ICT skills
We can offer you:
- An opportunity to work with highly-skilled professionals
- Enthusiastic and motivated students
- Excellent career development opportunities
- An exciting and extensive commitment to professional development
- A large, vibrant Sixth Form
- A school with its community at heart
- Low cost membership of an on-site gym and excellent sports facilities
- An exciting programme of staff ‘well-being’ activities, from Football to Surfing!
This is an exceptional opportunity to make a difference within a positive and exciting environment. If you share our community’s ethos of progression, diversity and dynamism then we would be delighted to hear from you.
Gosforth Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful applicant will be required to undergo enhanced DBS clearance.
Please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org">email@example.com.
Closing date is 09:00 on Wednesday 10th March 2021.