Support Assistant L2
Start date: September 2021
Contract type: Full-time (37 hours per week), term time only
Contract term: Fixed Term for one year which could be extended after review
Salary: N3, £15,849 - £16,165 (actual gross salary)
Come to work in a thriving community. The Gosforth Group is a multi-academy trust currently consisting of four schools (Gosforth Academy, Gosforth Junior High Academy, North Gosforth Academy and Jesmond Park Academy). In September 2021 two new schools will open – Gosforth Great Park Academy [y5 to 11] and Callerton Academy [y7 to 11].
Gosforth Academy is a successful school which was graded ‘outstanding’ in its most recent Ofsted inspection. We are seeking the following support staff role to join the Academy’s successful Student Support Base. You will work as part of a multi-professional team to provide general educational support for students. This will include support with learning and also with behaviour and attendance issues as appropriate.
What we need:
- Experience/Desire to work with students with SEND
- Can demonstrate a good understanding of Social, Emotional or Mental Health difficulties (SEMH) that young people face
- Effective communication and organisational skills
- A sympathetic understanding of broad needs of students ages 13-16
- Experience of working with young people
We can offer you:
- Enthusiastic and motivated students
- A school with its community at heart
- An exciting programme of staff ‘well-being’ activities, from Football to Surfing!
This is an exceptional opportunity to make a difference. If you share our community’s ethos of progression, diversity and dynamism then we would be delighted to hear from you.
We are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful applicant will be required to undergo enhanced DBS clearance.
Please email your application to email@example.com or if you have any queries. Alternatively visit our Website www.gosforthacademy.org.uk
Closing date is 12:00 on Wednesday 7 July 2021