English Subject Support Mentor (L4)
Start Date: ASAP
Contract Term: Fixed until July 2023
Contract Type: Full time 37hrs per week, term time only
Salary: N5 £21,301 - £22,921 actual pro rata
Come to work in a thriving community. The Gosforth Group is a multi-academy trust consisting of six schools (Gosforth Academy, Gosforth Junior High Academy, North Gosforth Academy, Jesmond Park Academy, Callerton Academy and Great Park Academy) committed to providing a superb education for students from Year 5 through to Year 13. Gosforth Academy is a successful school which was graded ‘good’ in its most recent Ofsted inspection.
We are seeking an English specialist to fill this support staff role. You will be required to deliver English and literacy tuition to pupils whose education has been most impacted by the pandemic. You will be taking small groups of main school students as well as working in English lessons alongside supportive and collaborative colleagues. This is a short-term role where you can make a real difference to the lives of young people.
- A higher level English qualification
- A passion for English
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- A relentless drive to secure the best possible outcomes for pupils of all abilities
- Excellent communication and ICT skills
We can offer you:
- An opportunity to work in an excellent school with highly skilled professionals and enthusiastic and motivated students
- An enhanced annual leave allowance
- Extensive commitment to Professional Development
- A school with its community at heart
- Free use of gym and excellent sports facilities
- An exciting programme of staff well-being activities, from football to surfing!
This is an exceptional opportunity to make a difference. If you share our community’s ethos of progression, diversity and dynamism then we would be delighted to hear from you.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful applicant will be required to undergo enhanced DBS clearance.
Please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org or if you have any queries, to this same email address. Alternatively, visit our Website www.gosforthacademy.org.uk
Closing date is 9.00am Tuesday 6th December 2022