Curriculum Development Coordinator for Business and Enterprise
Start date: September 2022
Contract type: permanent
Contract term: Full-time
Salary: MPR/UPR + TLR 2 (£2, 873)
Come to work in a thriving community. Gosforth Federated Academies comprises four schools (Gosforth Academy, North Gosforth Academy, Jesmond Park Academy and Gosforth Junior High Academy) committed to providing a superb education for pupils from Year 5 through to Year 13.
Gosforth Academy is a successful school which was rated ‘outstanding’ in its most recent Ofsted inspection. We are seeking an inspirational and dynamic Curriculum Development Coordinator to join our exciting Business and Enterprise department.
The Business Department enjoys a high profile in the school and is continuing to expand due to the popularity of courses on offer at KS4 and KS5. This post offers a superb opportunity for a teacher with excellent skills to play a key role in further developing the learning experience of students and sustaining our successful results.
What we need:
- A passion for the subject
- An outstanding practitioner with an understanding of the issues involved in raising achievement
- Awareness of new curriculum developments in Business and related Vocational subjects and how they impact at school level
- The ability to secure excellent achievement across key stages 4 and 5
- An ability to work effectively within a supportive team environment
- Consistently high expectations of pupils and yourself
- A commitment to fresh and exciting methods of delivering the curriculum.
- A relentless drive to secure the best possible outcomes for students of all abilities
- Excellent communication and ICT skills
We can offer you:
- An opportunity to work with highly-skilled professionals
- Enthusiastic and motivated students
- Excellent career development opportunities
- An exciting and extensive commitment to professional development
- A large, vibrant Sixth form
- A school with its community at heart
- An exciting programme of staff ‘well-being’ activities, from Football to Surfing!
This is an exceptional opportunity to make a difference within a positive and exciting environment. If you share our community’s ethos of progression, diversity and dynamism then we would be delighted to hear from you.
Gosforth Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful applicant will be required to undergo enhanced DBS clearance.
Please email your application form to email@example.com (or if you have any queries). Alternatively visit our website www.gosforthacademy.org.uk. Completed application forms to be returned to Mr Preit Chahal, Principal to the address above.
Closing date is 09:00 on Thursday 28th April 2022