Attendance and Welfare Officer
Start date: ASAP
Contract type: Full Time (37 hours per week), Term Time only
Contract term: Permanent
Salary: N6, £24,224 -£26,553 (actual gross salary)
Come to work in a thriving community. The Gosforth Group is a multi-academy trust currently consisting of six schools.
Gosforth Academy is a successful school, which was rated ‘good’ in its most recent Ofsted inspection.
We are seeking an Attendance and Welfare Officer to be a member of the support staff team at Gosforth Academy. The post holder will work alongside the Senior Leadership Team and Pastoral staff to further develop systems that will enable the school to improve attendance. You will work with parents, families, young people and the school to respond to absences and reduce levels of persistent absence.
Typical duties within this post will encompass working as a school welfare and attendance officer, with a caseload of students where the major area of concern is absence from school. The role will include:
- Undertaking home visits, where absence has been identified, both with colleagues and on a lone basis.
- Working with parents and students to address issues.
- Contributing to multi-agency working with the school and other stakeholders.
- Ensuring the appropriate use of the Common Assessment Framework or other related systems.
- Contributing to the effective use of statutory measures and being involved in decisions regarding the use of such powers.
What we need:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience of working in this type of role for either a school or Local Authority.
- Someone with experience of working with young people.
- Someone who can demonstrate a good understanding of issues faced by students and families.
- A sympathetic understanding of broad needs of secondary aged students.
- Attention to detail.
- An effective team player.
- A colleague who is excited about the prospect of being part of a growing support team, setting up systems and problem solving to ensure the best possible environment and outcomes for all students.
We can offer you:
- An opportunity to work with highly-skilled professionals in school and across the MAT
- Enthusiastic and motivated students
- An exciting and extensive commitment to professional development
- A school with its community at heart
- A programme of staff ‘well-being’ activities
This is an exceptional opportunity to make a difference within a positive and exciting environment. If you share our community’s ethos of progression, diversity and dynamism then we would be delighted to hear from you.
Gosforth Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful applicant will be required to undergo enhanced DBS clearance.
We hope you’ll visit our website to find out more about us.
Please return completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications:
09:00am on Monday 16th January 2023