Teacher of Psychology
Start date: September 2023
Contract type: 0.5
Contract term: Fixed term (initially until July 2024) Salary: MPR
Come to work in a thriving community. The Gosforth Group is a multi-academy trust consisting of six schools (Gosforth Academy, Gosforth Junior High Academy, North Gosforth Academy, Jesmond Park Academy, Callerton Academy and Great Park Academy) committed to providing a superb education for students from Year 5 through to Year 13.
We are seeking a dynamic teacher of Psychology to join a successful department alongside enthusiastic and supportive colleagues. The ideal candidate will have the skills necessary to teach Psychology at Key Stage 5 and will also be able to teach Child Care and Health and Social.
This is a superb opportunity for a teacher looking to develop in a highly skilled supportive environment.
What we need
- An outstanding practitioner with a passion for Psychology
- The ability to teach Psychology at A Level
- The ability to teach a Health & Social Care and Child Development as a second subject
- The ability to secure excellent achievement across key stages 4 & 5
- A commitment to fresh and exciting methods of delivering the curriculum.
- A relentless drive to secure the best possible outcomes for students of all abilities
- Excellent communication and ICT skills
We can offer you:
- An opportunity to work with highly-skilled professionals
- Enthusiastic and motivated students
- Excellent career development opportunities
- An exciting and extensive commitment to professional development
- A large, vibrant Sixth form
- A school with its community at heart
- Free use of gym and excellent sports facilities
- An exciting programme of staff ‘well-being’ activities, from Football to Surfing!
This is an exceptional opportunity to make a difference within a positive and exciting environment. If you share our community’s ethos of progression, diversity and dynamism then we would be delighted to hear from you.
Following the shortlisting process, where applicable, candidates who attend interview will be reimbursed reasonable expenses for travel and accommodation.
Gosforth Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful applicant will be required to undergo enhanced DBS clearance.
Please email your application form to email@example.com">firstname.lastname@example.org (or if you have any queries). Alternatively visit our website www.gosforthacademy.org.uk.
Closing date is 09:00am on Wednesday 19th April 2023.