Teacher of Business Studies and Related Subjects
Start date: September 2023
Contract type: Full time
Contract term: Permanent
Come to work in a thriving community. The Gosforth Group is a multi-academy trust consisting of six schools (Gosforth Academy, Gosforth Junior High Academy, North Gosforth Academy, Jesmond Park Academy, Callerton Academy and Great Park Academy) committed to providing a superb education for students from Year 5 through to Year 13.
Gosforth Academy is a highly successful school with a diverse and vibrant school community. We are seeking a dynamic Teacher of Business to join our thriving Business and Enterprise Department which enjoys a high profile in the school due to the popularity of courses on offer at K4 and KS5. This post offers a superb opportunity for a teacher with excellent skills to play a key role in further developing the learning experience of students and sustaining our successful results. You will contribute to teaching across a range of courses as part of a successful teaching and learning team.
What we need:
- An outstanding practitioner
- A passion for the subject
- The ability to secure excellent achievement across key stages 4 and 5
- An ability to work effectively within a supportive team environment
- Consistently high expectations of pupils and yourself
- A commitment to fresh and exciting methods of delivering the curriculum.
- A relentless drive to secure the best possible outcomes for students of all abilities
- Excellent communication and ICT skills
We can offer you:
- An opportunity to work with highly-skilled professionals
- Enthusiastic and motivated students
- Excellent career development opportunities
- An exciting and extensive commitment to professional development
- A large, vibrant Sixth form
- A school with its community at heart
- Free use of an on-site gym and excellent sports facilities
- An exciting programme of staff ‘well-being’ activities, from Football to Surfing!
This is an exceptional opportunity to make a difference within a positive and exciting environment. If you share our community’s ethos of progression, diversity and dynamism then we would be delighted to hear from you.
Following the shortlisting process, where applicable, candidates who attend interview will be reimbursed reasonable expenses for travel and accommodation.
Gosforth Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful applicant will be required to undergo enhanced DBS clearance.
Please email your application form to firstname.lastname@example.org
or if you have any queries). Alternatively visit our website www.gosforthacademy.org.uk.
Closing date is 09:00 on Tuesday 2nd May 2023