Start date: September 2021
Contract type: Full-time
Contract term: Permanent
Salary: MPR/UPR with TLR level 1 £14,030
Come to work in a thriving community. The Gosforth Group Multi Academy Trust currently consists of four schools (Gosforth Academy, Gosforth Junior High Academy, North Gosforth Academy and Jesmond Park Academy). In 2021 two new schools will open – Gosforth Great Park Academy [y5 to 11] and Callerton Academy [y7 to 11].
Gosforth Academy is a highly successful school which was rated ‘outstanding’ in its most recent Ofsted inspection. We are seeking an inspirational, innovative and dynamic leader for teaching and learning in English. You will have excellent subject knowledge and a proven record of raising attainment and accelerating progress, whilst demonstrating effective and exciting teaching and learning. This is an exceptional opportunity for someone looking to lead a large and successful department within an exciting environment.
What we need:
- An outstanding practitioner
- A passion for English and for teaching all facets of the English curriculum
- A proven track record of excellent achievement across all key stages
- A commitment to fresh and exciting methods of delivering the curriculum
- The ability to lead, inspire and develop a team of staff
- A relentless drive to secure the best possible outcomes for students of all abilities and from all backgrounds
- Excellent communication and ICT skills
We can offer you:
- An opportunity to work with highly-skilled professionals
- Enthusiastic and motivated students
- Excellent career development opportunities
- An exciting and extensive commitment to professional development
- A large, vibrant Sixth form
- A school with its community at heart
- Low cost membership of an on-site gym and excellent sports facilities
- An exciting programme of staff ‘well-being’ activities
If you share our community’s ethos of progression, diversity and dynamism then we would be delighted to hear from you.
Gosforth Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful applicant will be required to undergo enhanced DBS clearance.
If you hold the skills and experience we’re looking for, we’d love to hear from you!
For further details please email email@example.com">firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively visit our website www.gosforthacademy.org.uk. Completed application forms to be returned to Mr Preit Chahal, Principal to the address above.
Closing date is 09:00 on Monday 19th April, 2021.