Deputy Leader of Teaching and Learning in Science
Start date: September 2021
Contract type: Full- term
Salary: MPR/UPR + TLR1a £8291
Come to work in a thriving community. The Gosforth Group is a multi-academy trust currently consisting of four schools (Gosforth Academy, Gosforth Junior High Academy, North Gosforth Academy and Jesmond Park Academy). In 2021 two new schools will open – Gosforth Great Park Academy [y5 to 11] and Callerton Academy [y7 to 11].
Gosforth Academy is a successful school which was rated ‘outstanding’ in its most recent Ofsted inspection. We are seeking an inspirational, energetic and passionate deputy leader of Science to join a successful department in an exciting phase of the Academy’s development.
The ideal candidate will have the skills necessary to lead assessment and progress in Key Stage 3 and 4 science provision and support the department’s work with KS5 students. This is an exceptional opportunity to make a difference within a positive and exciting environment.
What we need:
- A passion for the subject
- The ability to lead and develop a team of staff
- A track record of successfully monitoring and supporting progress and raising achievement
- An ability to foster a supportive team environment
- Consistently high expectations of students, your team and yourself
- Excellent ICT skills
- Excellent communication skills
- A commitment to fresh and exciting ways of delivering the curriculum
We can offer you:
- An opportunity to work with highly-skilled professionals
- Enthusiastic and motivated students
- An exciting and extensive commitment to professional development
- A large, vibrant Sixth form
- A school with its community at heart
- An exciting programme of staff ‘well-being’ activities, from Football to Surfing!
If you share our community’s ethos of progression, diversity and dynamism then we would be delighted to hear from you.
Gosforth Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful applicant will be required to undergo enhanced DBS clearance.
Please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org">email@example.com or if you have any queries. Alternatively visit our Website www.gosforthacademy.org.uk
Closing date for receipt of applications is 9.00 am Wednesday 5 May 2021